Monday, January 07, 2008

snow days are kool...


I finished this toque on Saturday and took some pics then (if you're on Ravelry you might have seen them), but I'm starting to get tired of posing for FO shots, so I thought this one would be better as an action image. So here I am keeping cozy in my new Koolhaas hat, perfect for those chilly days on the mountain. We had a beautiful day on Sunday, only my second time on a board, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable. The weather alternated between tempting to clear and closing in with snow and a biting wind, but the day ended with sparkling powder lit by late afternoon sunlight. Below is a photo showing my mad boarding skillz (yeah, that's with a "z" to show how hardcore I am), but hey, I'm just happy to be standing and sliding downhill at the same time.

Oh, you wanted to know about the hat? This is actually only my interpretation of the pattern. Not to downplay the amazing knitting talents of Jared, but I decided to work this one out on my own, although I give him much credit and kudos for the brilliant idea. This hat is wonderfully squishy and cozy, helped along by Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. I love this yarn, so divinely soft, and with a slight silver sheen to the grey. I was at a loss for some time with what kind of hat it would become, but I'm definitely happy with the result.

I am well into some Charades for A, my second project with Cherry Tree Hill Merino Sock. I'm really happy with the pattern and the yarn, and should have an FO to show soon. And I received a great little Christmas present (albeit a little late) - The Knitter's Book of Yarn. I know many a knitting blogger has reviewed this awesome new book, so I won't say too much about it except that it's awesome (yeah, I know, I covered that), and I'm already eager to cast on for some Norwegian Snail Mittens. However, all this snowboard gear is going to cut into my yarn budget...

No comments: