Saturday, October 01, 2011

plum...

plums

dye journal continues...

some plums from the tree...and plum colours inside too. the stack of fabrics and the swatches on the right of my dye journal were dyed with salal berries. the colour varied quite a bit on the different fabrics (wool, silk gauze, silk satin & merino yarn), but all are nice plummy shades. exactly what i'm looking for in the fall. now what to make with them... details on the other sets of swatches are here. most fabrics i mordant with alum, some are thrown in on a whim, unmordanted.

i'm feeling quiet today.

5 comments:

Els said...

Mmmmm ..... juicy plums and juicy colours!

Monika said...

It looks like a good quietness ...

Margie Oomen said...

your dye journal is looking beautiful as are the dye results. I have been feeling quiet for the last month, so can relate to what you are feeling.

Marchi Wierson said...

delicious plums! Your journal must be amazing to look through!!! I love collecting salal for dye. It's so abundant. and I like to think how people in the past did the same thing in the same forest.

I love your blog and your work!
marchi

Tara said...

So pretty, k. I understand that quiet feeling. Although i find most days I feel like i want to say something but i can't seem to find the words.