Monday, October 31, 2011

mushroom monday...

the line up

i have been taking a lot, and i mean A LOT, of mushroom photos lately, so i thought i'd try something for the next little bit. mushroom monday! if you're in a fungi mood too, feel free to leave a link in the comments and i'll check out yours. the mushrooms are in prime condition in the woods, and i've been taking a lot of walks these last few days. with the time change next weekend, it will shortly be too dark for after work walks, so i'm taking advantage while i can. i've included names (above photo) where i know them - feel free to chime in.

pair

rosy russula, russula rosacea

coming through the moss

the sickener, russula emetica?

bursting forth

polypore, but i'm not sure which kind.

peeking out

western amethyst laccaria, laccaria amethysteo-occidentalis

purple wonders

oh and, happy halloween!

7 comments:

Tara said...

"Mushroom Monday" just seems to roll off the tongue. Love it, k.

Brittan said...

i LOOOOOVE these shots kristy! could i pin a few on pinterest?

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Thank you for these. I'm rather mopey that my mushrooms have gone to sleep, but now I can console myself with yours! Can't wait to see the next installment. I really wish I could just fly up there and see them myself.

Anonymous said...

A very educational...and lovely post!!! Happy Mushroom Monday to you too:) Except it is really Tues! lol!!! Good work, K!- Michaelanne

Rachel said...

Hoping to get out next weekend to see if we've had enough rain for chanterelles to pop up! Your latest pictures are a constant reminder to do that! ;)

Mona said...

Lovely pics. Wonder if one could dye with the amethyst laccaria? ...

learningtable said...

There's something about mushrooms that make me want to take their pictures too. I have posted several on my blog, but this is a link to my latest one--the last photo on this post: http://learningtable.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-nature-walk.html