Saturday, October 25, 2008

belated FOs...

I don't know why it often takes me forever to get a post organized. I guess I haven't been that motivated to blog lately, too distracted by other activites and too loathing of the computer after a long day at work. But, I have a couple of things I would like to share, so here we go:
As mentioned in the previous post, I have been working on the Darkside Cowl (Rav link). Except I refer to mine as the Autumnside cowl, due to the lovely colours. This yarn is TRI, from Ancient Threads, and the colours are ridiculous. Love them. It is sock yarn, but I couldn't imagine hiding it away on my feet (although there is quite a bit leftover for that possibility).
This pattern is a great textural knit that I think works well with the variegated yarn, whereas something more complex or lacey would be lost. I had to nearly double the amount of stitches cast on in the pattern, as the original calls for an aran weight, but it turned out well. It is a perfect hit of colour to brighten up the many browns and greys that I wear.
And after the success of the Inga, I was inspired to try a bit more colourwork with Noro as the background. This hat, dubbed "Louisa" for no particular reason that I can think of, uses Silk Garden instead of Kureyon, but the off-white is the same leftovers used in the first hat. I found this chart online, and am in the middle of cleaning it up so that you too can have your own Louisa, if you are so inclined.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, please, to Louisa! What a great hat!

Viktoria said...

great hat! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

fantastic! as soon as that pattern is up, it's on my queue! (and hopefully on my needles!)

alligator said...

Very pretty! I have been wanting to try the Darkside Cowl pattern too but I have never made a cowl before and I'm afraid I wouldn't wear one!