Sunday, November 18, 2007

dark nights...


The sun actually showed its face for most of today, but of course I didn't finish these until tonight, and I just couldn't wait a whole week before being home in daylight again to take pics, so this is what I've got. These socks are delish, and knit up quickly. I procured this Handmaiden Casbah sock yarn, which is ridiculously soft and makes me swoon when I put the socks on. So I knew I needed a pattern that would live up to the luxury. And I think Baudelaire is a good fit, figuratively and literally. Admittedly I didn't follow the pattern word for word, but just took the lace chart and cable and then did my own toe, heel, and number of stitches. But I think I got the idea, and these socks make me happy! I highly recommend it, and the stitch pattern was easy to remember. The colour is great too, although maybe just slightly more variegated than I wanted. Still, the variations of dark and pinky purple, plus even a little navy, is very subtle and nice. I'm sure I'll be wearing these a lot this winter.

For more pics, check out Ravelry if you can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! They even look soft, and those colors--wow!

Tracey said...

Both your knitting and your photography are stunning.
You are very talented.

Terhi said...

Oh how beautiful socks! The colour is great! :-)