Sunday, July 15, 2007
Well, that was quick. Obviously I've been a bit preoccupied with this one. Start to finish took one week. Pattern is the Circular Shrug from Peony Knits. I made some significant modifications in that I abandoned the mock rib pattern used on the main body of the shrug, and instead used a the Vinnland Sock pattern from The Anticraft down the centre, bordered on each side by stockinette. Yarn? Oh, yes, the lovely Noro Silk Garden in #203. I knew the Noro striping would never match up perfectly for seaming, but was also unable to visualize where the seams would be while knitting this. When I discovered they pretty much run across my breasts, I wasn't sure I had made the best choice. But I decided to work with it, and used a three needle bind-off to create a nice but obvious seam figuring it was never going to be invisible anyway, so might as well go with it.
For my first adult sized sweater (albeit a small one) I am pretty happy, and the the commitment required for future large projects seems less imposing. But nonetheless I have a few small projects in the works for now - finishing my fun candystriper socks (yup, that's what I'm calling them) and a few other ideas spinning around in my head.